Wednesday, July 6, 2011

7 Money Books You Should Read ASAP!

As I was on my journey to better money management, I would write down my progress periodically. I am a planner, a list maker (when it was time for my youngest daughter to be born, I even put that on a list!). I would type up when I paid something off, how much more I had to go, and a timeline for payoff. Yep, I've made pretty good progress - you hope so huh, since I am the financial coach?  

Anyway, as I was reviewing my old notes, I thought about the books that changed my financial life and thought I'd share them with you. I've also added a few recent books that are definite must reads as well.


1. Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
(This was my 'aha moment' book, and the reason I do what I do! Thanks Dave!)




2. Zero Debt by Lynette Khalfani - Cox  (A Must read!)




3. Girl, Make Your Money Grow by Glinda Bridgforth-Hodges and Gail Perry-Mason
(Easy to understand explanation on how to save and invest - men can read it too!)




4. The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley (A timeless classic)




5. Living In The Village: Build Your Financial Future, Strengthen Your Community by Ryan Mack (Excellent strategies & as the state of our communities is near and dear to my heart - this one hit home.)




6. Get Financially Naked by Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar
(Great book for couples - I recommend to my engaged & married clients)




7. Stop Acting Rich and Start Living Like A Real Millionaire! by Thomas J. Stanley 
(The kick butt title alone grabbed me and true to his style, Stanley brought it home in this one!)




Alright, there it is - these should keep you busy for a couple of months! Remember to spread the love, you know others who need help in their finances too. Buy them a book or at least share this post with them. Let's take someone else with us as we climb out of financial oblivion and into wealth!

What about you? What book changed your financial life?

Until next time!

-Dorethia
www.connercoaching.com



No comments: