Monday, June 27, 2011

Mobile Banking ROCKS!

From the title you can tell that I'm a fan of mobile and online banking. It has made my LIFE and business so much easier. Why do I love it so much? Well, besides the fact that it saves me the time of having to actually go to the bank - here are a few other reasons.....
  • Text messaging – your bank will text you if your balance gets low or there are other account updates … you don’t have to have a smart phone – any cell phone will do.
  • Pay your bills, see balances and even send wire transfers, etc.  from your phone or computer.
  • Link your business accounting system with your business bank account and transactions automatically download.... I {heart} this!
  • My FAV! Chase’s QuikPay feature which lets you take a picture of your check front/back and BOOM – it’s deposited!


Is Mobile Banking Safe? 

Pretty safe, biggest risk is if you lose your cell phone.  If that happens make two (2) phone calls immediately:

1. Call the bank and ask them to block the banking app
2. Call your cell phone carrier and have your phone locked so it can't be used. 

Also, a techie friend says to definitely switch your BlueTooth off when you aren’t using it so no hackers can get into your accounts.  Keep the phone numbers to your bank, cell phone carrier & credit card companies etc. on a piece of paper, postcard, sticky note - something other than your CELL PHONE, in case it's stolen or lost.

Okay folks, welcome to the app age... embrace the tech! Happy Banking!
            
           -Dorethia
            www.connercoaching.com

*Disclaimer: While I was not paid to promote the Chase feature in this post, you can assume that anything I may share on my blog could be a paid affiliate. You can also be assured that I don't promote any product or service I don't believe in simply to receive an affiliate commission.      
   

No comments: