Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year's Money Reflections....

I'm thoroughly enjoying this holiday season. I wasn't able to completely take the time off, but I've had a great time hanging with my daughters and family. I've also been able to sneak in some 'me' time.. which mostly involved me in jammies and socks in front of The Today Show, Ellen, Dr. Oz and Oprah...not so exciting, I know!

Currently, I'm sitting at my remote-office-coffee-house location with the boss of me (youngest daughter) reflecting on what financial advice I'd like to wrap 2010 up with ....I'll give a few quick tips: 



  • No financial strategy is the end all be all - you have to do what's best for you and meets your goals
  • Beating yourself up about your financial situation helps nothing. Learn from it and keep it moving!
  • Have a plan. If you are in the same spot as last year - time for a new one. Get help.
  • Read one personal finance article a day. Attend at least 3 seminars a year. (Try one per quarter) 
  • Reward yourself as you accomplish each financial goal!

Alright, back to this almond bran muffin thingy... Happy New Year!

-Dorethia

No comments: