Sunday, December 26, 2010

2011: A New Year - Another Chance

Wow! 2010 is practically history... when you look back, how do you feel?  Did you accomplish what you planned to? Did you travel to a new place, reconnect with a family member or ... did you get your finances in order? 

When I say 'in order' - it's whatever that means to you. It could mean that you reached your goal of setting aside 15% into your retirement accounts or slowly weaned yourself off several credit cards.. maybe you've still got a couple to go? Maybe, just maybe, you have finally disciplined yourself enough to do a monthly budget and balance your checkbook. Believe it or not, there are many of you who have finally become DEBT FREE! (applause). 

"Not me Dorethia," you say, "I didn't accomplish ANY of my financial goals this year...things got a little hairy, unexpected changes" or "I simply couldn't stick to my plan." Say it with me... 'That's Okay!'

Wherever you are.... whether you are pleased with your progress or not... you get another chance. Forget making New Year's resolutions, let's just make it happen! Re-evaluate your money management habits and goals. Honestly address what you can improve on and pat yourself on the back for what you have accomplished. Each day we all get a do-over. The key though, is to 'do it over'! Do it differently, change what's not working. You don't want to end 2011 in the same place financially that you are in now. 

Oftentimes all we need is a strategy... which is what I offer at Conner Coaching - personal finance coaching for individuals, as well as, strategies for business owners. So, if you are spinning your wheels going it alone... let me help you get on the right track. 

Happy New Year!

Dorethia Conner
dorethia@connercoaching.com

No comments: