Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Is There a 'Thank You' in You?

It's so easy to forget to be thankful. Whether you are having money problems or living pretty comfortably right now, it's time to start giving thanks. Not just on one day of the year, but everyday. 

A lot of times we get caught up in the issues of our daily lives and forget to think about what is going right. If you just can't think of anything to appreciate, count the simple fact that you are breathing in and out. Start there and I'm sure you will find some other things to add to the list. 

While it's important to focus on your finances and be smart with your money - don't let it consume your life to the point where you miss everything else going on around you. Don't be so busy working extra to pay off debt that you miss all your family activities. Yes sacrifices have to be made to reach your goals, but weigh the costs and watch the extremes. Neither do you want to be so wrapped up in the money that you do have,  that you forget to help those less fortunate. After all, the slightest turn of the tide could put us in their shoes.

So, enjoy the holidays with your family - laugh, argue over silly board games, whatever your tradition, soak it all in and give thanks...

What I'm thankful for: 


Each brand new day God gives me...
My children... *muah*
My family - immediate and extended... they rock!
My friends - what a great group!
The opportunity to live my dream - sharing financial management strategies with the world.... a big thank you to my clients - I appreciate your business!


Now, what are you thankful for?


Your Financial Coach,
Dorethia
www.connercoaching.com
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
-William Arthur Ward

No comments: